Sunday, August 28, 2005

Thoughts on "Chariots of Fire".

I watched the movie Chariots of Fire on Friday and as always thoroughly enjoyed it but it also raised some questions in my mind.
First and foremost: Would it really be unethical for a Christian to race on Sunday? Especially for a man like Eric Liddle who said himself that when he ran he felt God's pleasure. Also if Eric was right then should I be able to play Ultimate Frisbee in the park on Sunday afternoons?
None of this is to denounce Eric Liddle he was a great man of God and a devoted athlete just thinking of some things. What do you, devoted reader think of this?

3 comments:

Why said...

Editors Note2: Four comments were left on this post but absoultly none of them had anything to do with this post so I sent them to the internet abyss.

Queen Mum said...

Bro. Bell keeps telling us we need to see this film. As a kid, I remember the music from it being played constantly on the radio. We hope to see it when we can.

Meiska said...

Didn't we play frisbee on a Sunday?( Mayhap I wasn't playing as much, mostly whining)




4:42 P.M. is a very happy minute.