Friday, April 04, 2008

Quote

"Do you feel any need to leave the Shire now-now that your wish to see them has come true already?" he asked.
"Yes, sir. I don't know how to say it, but after last night I feel different. I seem to see ahead, in a kind of way. I know we are going to take a very long road, into darkness; but I know I can't turn back. It isn't to see Elves now, nor dragons, nor mountains, that I want-I don't rightly know what I want: but I have something to do before the end, and it lies ahead, not in the Shire. I must see it through, sir, if you understand me."


The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring. J.R.R. Tolkien.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Well done, It was very inspiring to here a small peace out of a big book, a book that I must say I have always left to sit on the shelf. But it was a inspiring quote, I enjoyed reading it.

Anonymous said...

Yeah...it's really not a plot movie. It's more of a character/society "study".

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen 2001, but this one isn't like that...the plot just seems secondary to the points the movie is trying to make.

AaronCooper said...

yeah I'm REALLY excited!
You and the family should come to the support dinner. The food is going to be REALLY good, you get to support my trip and I might be providing musical entertainment.




4:42 P.M. is a very happy minute.