Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A warning

Ah, the follies of youth! As I prepared for my day I looked to the outside and thought, "it appears cloudy but so it also looked yesterday, and that day was quite hot. I will not need my coat. Instead I will celebrate a beautiful day in May.". So did I dress accordingly, in garb appropriate for a warm day. Foolish was I to not remember that the weather of Portland in Spring is wanton and cruel to the unwary, luring them outdoors with promises of sunshine and then rendering them waterlogged. Ah, the follies of youth, that I fell for her cruel trap.

1 comment:

Meghan said...

I must confess, I envy your ability to so eloquently convey the despair that forgetting one's coat entails. I am deeply sorry for the waterlogging, though.




4:42 P.M. is a very happy minute.