Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Ohmygoshholycow!!! moments of Toy Story 3

So, this post will be full of spoilers. Beware. That being said this list will not be exhaustive of all of the great moments in the movie but is more the ones that stood out to me. It will also not be anything academic. This is a blog after all. Moving on...


1. The opening sequence was downright cool.

2. When Woody was mentioning all the toys that had passed on and all of a sudden Slink mentions Bo-Peep. Way to kill Woody's love interest and twist my gut Pixar.

3. Buster showing up to save the day and then rolling onto Woody fast asleep.

4. Ken and his love of clothes, such as his Ascot.

5. Spanish Buzz!

4. b. Barbie interrogating Ken.

6. The scene when all of the toys are in the garbage melter and when they see that there is no hope begin to hold one another's hands was so intense. The way Woody, true to his character, was the last to join into the circle of friends, still hoping for some way of escape for his family was moving. Then I watched and began to prepare myself for how I would emotionally deal with the death of all of these characters. I seriously thought they were all dead. (I watch Joss Whedon after all. I know leads are not safe. [Wash]) But while that was going on I was also thinking, "Pixar has guts. They are the only people who could kill off their cast like this and me be strangely okay with it all." I was wondering what that great toy box in the sky was going to look like.

7. Then came "The Claaaaw"!

8. I was almost teary eyed as Andy handed away Woody to his new little friend. Then they played together and everything was okay.

Something I loved about this movie was all of the set-ups and pay-offs that happened throughout. The makers tied the movie in with itself and the other two in such an intelligent and nostalgic way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I cried at point number 6. So, so good.




4:42 P.M. is a very happy minute.