Friday, November 18, 2011

Notes from Tonight's Concert


Over the Rhine Setlist: 17 November 2011
  • Come on Boy! (The Laugh of Recognition)
  • Rave On
  • Undammed
  • The King Knows How
  • Suitcase
  • I'm on a Roll
  • Infamous Love Song
  • Only God Can Save Us Now "A head on collision between comedy and tragedy"
  • Latter Days "I'm glad I was there at the piano when it came down the wire"
  • Untitled New Song
  • Jesus in New Orleans
  • Trouble
  • All My Favorite People with Leaning on the Everlasting Arms (Instrumental)
Encore
  • Hallelujah
  • Born
  • Drunkard's Prayer

I am so glad I was able to attend this concert. They were simply beautiful, the backing band complemented and interpreted the songs so well (amazing harmonica playing) and I was left hoping that they would just keep playing all night.
The opening act, The Milk Carton Kids, were full of dry wit and songs far deeper than I expected. They sang songs that sounded like a person who has fled but knows that the place that he fled to is hollow compared with what was left behind.

No comments:




4:42 P.M. is a very happy minute.