Monday, June 13, 2005

Thoughts on Napoleon Dynamite

Napoleon Dynamite you've ruined my life! See! Right there under my nose in a protest against Napoleon Dynamite I quote it. Napoleon Dynamite has sunk into my sub-conscious in a most devious manner. I can no longer say "Yes" as an exclamation of victory without saying it slowly with a gentle pumping motion. The same goes for the word skills("Num-chuck skills, bow-fighting skills, computer hacking skills.") without thinking of those very lines. Gosh! See! There it is again; I didn't used to say gosh before but now (sob) it is a very evident part of my vocabulary. Encountered with a thorn bush today I found myself asking "Do the chickens have large talons?", I also cannot look at a llama without thinking "Tina you fat lard come get some dinner!". I didn't even like Napoleon Dynamite that much; not near as much as I liked Monty Python and the Holy Grail or The Princess Bride. In my own opinion the two more recently stated cult classics are much more intelligent comedies and a lot more fun than Napoleon Dynamite.

3 comments:

Queen Mum said...

I agree BUT...Napoleon is so stupid it grows on you!

Meiska said...

I feel your pain to the cellular level. And, mum, it grows you like a,..um..Cancer!

Why said...

Yeah, cancer is a good description.




4:42 P.M. is a very happy minute.