Thursday, February 22, 2007

The first of the series mentioned below

The first movie scene I would like to talk about is from the shortest of the movies I will be mentioning in this series. It is the chase scene from Pirates: Season 1, Episode Seven. This movie is the finale of the season fraught with trouble for our heroes Johnny and Roger. One of the most disheartening problems was when the Man in the Sombrero took their treasure map. After a series of adventures featuring seagulls and a knight they once again face their enemy the Man in the Sombrero. They fought with him and almost beat him but then he takes off running. And it is then that one of the best chases since What's Up Doc? begins.
When Johnny and Roger are chasing the Man in the Sombrero around the building trying to get the map back; it excites me every time I see them. Particularly when the Pirates go in and out of doors chasing their nemesis. The best of door switches is when the Man in the Sombrero runs into Roger, knocks him down, and as they chase him through one door he comes out another while their still going through the first. Such brilliant editing. Then when all seems lost Johnny flings the Magic Pig towards their adversary and brings him down.
I think the scene excites me so much because I was on the set when it was being filmed and I couldn't really see this working out to be as amazing as it is. It is a scene that is not only edited magnificently but also is so heroic that I can't help but like it.

No comments:




4:42 P.M. is a very happy minute.