Friday, December 23, 2005

My top twenty. (Songs that is.)

Number 1. Please by U2 --Something about this song just hits me right in the gut.

2.Harder to Believe Than Not to by Flemming and John --If you haven't heard it I can't explain it.

3.Wake Up (live at Fashion Rocks) by Arcade Fire -- I think the reason I like this song is just because of the music.

4. The Blues by Switchfoot --This call of desperation by Jon Foreman is just heart wrenching but not without hope.

5. Where the Streets Have No Name (live from Rotterdam) by U2 --A good song made better by the 90's U2 twist

6. Joel by Daniel Amos --A sort of answer to The Blues with God answering the questions of Jon Foreman.

7. The Silent Side by Eucharisto --I love this song.

8. Don't Wait by Buddy Miller --Alter call gone Southern rock/Country. Need I say more.

9. Which To Bury, Us Or The Hatchet? by Relient K --Break-up song of the ages with a modern twist.

10. Kingdom Come by Coldplay --What to say about this one hmmm... I don't know but it is a good song.

11. Paralyzed by Sixpence None The Richer --Gut-wrenching, heart-breaking every time this retelling of 9/11 this song is great mix of powerful music plus tear-jerking vocals gets me every time.

12. Free at Last by DCtalk --Can I say I like this song because it makes me happy?

13. politicians by Switchfoot --Once again a song that I like more for the music than the words. (If you haven't noticed already music is a big part of what I listen for in music.)

14. Nothing but The Blood by Jars of Clay --Jars of Clay+Blind Boys of Alabama+Good ol' gospel song = Great listening.

15. Live in Stereo by The Newsboys --I don't listen to this song very often but when I do it always makes me feel up-lifted.

16. Hurt by Johnny Cash --Looking back on life Cash wonders what happened to him and those around him.

17. Rocky Boat by Steven Delopoulos --The song of a new Christian bursting with joy.

18. Presto by Ludwig van Beethoven --Somebody has to have some classical music on their list. Besides, this song is really good. Really good.

19. I Want to be a Clone by Steve Taylor --A quote from the song "I asked the Lord into my heart/they said that was the start/but now you've got to play the part/I want to be a Clone"

20. Good Vibrations by The Beach Boys --If you haven't seen The Chick Flick you wont get it.

And number 21. Wake Up Dead Man by U2 --I might rate this song higher but well... you know.

2 comments:

tess said...

Interesting list, I can't bear to bring myself to pick twenty favorite songs...Merry Christmas!

Katie said...

I need to hear some of these, they are new ones for me.




4:42 P.M. is a very happy minute.