Friday, April 27, 2012

Movie Scene Two

(I am going through unposted posts and setting free those that I feel like are close enough to being done. Here is one in a [very short] series about movie scenes that I could watch over and over again.)
The second movie scene I wish to mention is a scene from the wonderfully dry Finnish film The Man Without a Past.
Set in Helsinki, Finland the story follows a man who, thanks to a few thugs, loses his memory and is helped out in his new life by an assortment of workers living in packing containers and by the Salvation Army.
The scene is in the later portion of the movie while the Man is out with a friend. In the scene they are in a park watching a Salvation Army band perform a song and it is that scene that gets me every time. There they are in cold, dead-pan, Finland, listening to a Salvation Army band play a rock song. There is this breath of life blowing ever so softly through the movie.
This movie is one of my favorites.

No comments:




4:42 P.M. is a very happy minute.