Saturday, March 26, 2005

The Apostles' Creed.

I believe in God the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth;

And in Jesus Christ His only begotten Son our Lord, Who was conceived by the Holy Ghost, Born of the Virgin Mary, Suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, dead and buried; He descended into hell; The third day he rose again from the dead; He ascended into heaven, And sitteth on the right hand of God the Father Almighty; From thence He shall come to judge the quick and the dead.


I believe in the Holy Ghost; The holy Catholic Church, The Communion of Saints; The Forgiveness of sins; The Resurrection of the body; And the Life everlasting.

Amen.

7 comments:

Eucharisto said...

Amen to that!

Anonymous said...

The holy Catholic church? Scary!

Why said...

By Holy Catholic Church I am referring to The Holy Universal Church who's head is Christ Jesus.
I am not talking about the denomination lead by the Pope in the Vatican.

Why said...

Who are you Anonymous. And if you are a blogger why do you not have the nerve to use your real name?
I do not quite understand this dislike of the Catolic church, true they have doctrineal errors but the Baptists have become so cought up in rules and regulations it is almost as bad. For example a wedding could not take place at a church because the couple wanted dancing("Dancing! Horror of horrors). Also that alchool is the drink of the devil. Yes I belive achool can be bad but as I recall Jesus turned 120 gallons of water into wine. And this wine wasn't the cheep stuff either it was high quality. Why is wine not served in communion at a baptist church? I have no idea.

Andrew Price said...

Don't hide your feelings Why, just put them in giant comment. Oh wait, you just did that.

Joke!

Oh and be careful; I think "Anonymous" is someone we know and love. Maybe you just could have told him/her that "Catholic" meant "Universal" and left it at that.

I do agree with you however (and the Apostles' Creed too, of course).

Why said...

You don't need to worry Knight this is most likly the first and last time you will ever have to hear it from me, I was just a little bugged that's all.
And no Penny I am not going Methodist on you. (What's wrong with going methodist are they pegans or something.)

Why said...

Thank you Penny. That was very nice.




4:42 P.M. is a very happy minute.